Selling a home can be a complex process, but there are steps you can take to ensure that your property is in high demand. Here are some key home-selling tips to keep in mind:
- Find yourself a real estate professional – Jon Hesse has plenty of experience selling homes, and he knows what it takes to attract the right kind of buyers. Use Jon Hesse and his expert team of professionals as a resource along the way.
- Boost curb appeal - First impressions can be the most important part, so spend some time improving your yard, driveway and the exterior of your home. You want the buyers to “get out of their car.” This should make your prospective buyers feel good about your house before they’ve even walked inside.
- Fix up your home - The majority of buyers like properties that are in move-in condition, meaning they won’t have to make many repairs, if any at all. With this in mind, it could benefit you in the long run to address any issues before putting your house on the market. Jon can shed some great light on this subject all the while saving you money.
- Highlight selling points - Buyers tend to want things like storage space and natural light, so work on highlighting these key selling points. Jon can help you identify the key features of your home and the best way to showcase them.
- Set the right price – Understandably, you’ll want to make as much money as possible selling your home. Jon will show you all the necessary data and local market trends when assisting you with setting the proper price. The last thing he wants is for your home to sit stagnant on the market without any offers.
- Stage the interior of your home - Most prospective buyers like to envision themselves living in your home, which includes placing their furniture and belongings inside it. Sometimes they can have a hard time doing this if your personal belongings, knickknacks, photographs and unique decor are on display. It may be advantageous to seek the professional advice of a “stager” to give your home a welcoming neutral feeling for all.
- Sweeten the deal - By offering to put money toward closing costs or remaining flexible about dates and deadlines, you may be able to sell your property faster. Jon will share his tips of the trade when the time is right.
If you live in the Greater Sacramento and surrounding areas and are thinking about putting your Placer County, Sacramento County or El Dorado County real estate on the market, Jon Hesse is your #1 source and is here to assist you from start to closing. Call Jon today to see how he can help you with all of your real estate needs.